Useful tips if you are planning to travel Dominican Republic with your drone 🙂
1) You don't need to remove your drone out of your backpack at security checkpoints and don't do it. Never tell anyone what you have in your backpack unless they ask you. I have seen someone missed their flights because he told them there is LiPo battery in backpack and pilot scared (very exceptional) .
2) Both , TSA and DR security didn't ask anything about my drone , I passed both customs without any problem. There is no special requirement for you to declare you are carrying a drone or LiPo battiers.
3) Never travel with fully charged batteries , always keep them at %50-%60 charge level !
4) Keep your drone , batteries and rc in your carry on baggage , TSA require for you to keep LiPo batteries with you during flight , never leave them in your checked in baggage . Also , DR airport personnel loves high-tech personal items in checked in baggage 😛
5) Buy a good backpack! I used Manfrotto D1 backpack which I believe the best in the market , I carried 5 batteries and a lot of other gears. Also , rain-proof cover saved my drone a few times 🙂 http://amzn.to/28KdYU6
6) ND filters are must! You will need at least ND16 filter to reduce sun reflection. DR has amazing beaches and beautiful sea. I used ND16 and ND32 filters during 2 flights to reduce shutter speed . I use PolarPro Cinema Series http://amzn.to/28KYFZZ
7) Sun shade is another must ! Otherwise you can't see your screen during flight … I use iPad Air 2 Sun Shade http://amzn.to/28Ou7pe
8) Always check NoFly zones , even DR has a lot of them 🙂 I use HoverApp http://www.hoverapp.io/
9) If you use Verizon , open for international , it's $10/day and you can use your cellular data package to see maps during your flight.
10) Try to backup your SD card as much as you can … in case you lose your P4 , you will have videos to tell your story.
Let me know if you have any other question 🙂
Buy DJI Phantom 4 http://bit.ly/28Km9Rv
UHD 3840×2160 (4K) 30fps | ISO 100 | Shutter Speed 1/60
5-Stop Neutral Density Filter (ND32) http://amzn.to/28KYFZZ
Isla Saona is a 42 square kilometer Caribbean oasis off the southern coast of the Dominican Republic. Originally named "Adamanay" by the Taino Indians, the island was renamed by Christopher Columbus, during his second voyage to the Americas in 1494. The name, "Saona", commemorated his friend Michele da Cuneo, from Savona, Italy.
Isla Saona is, currently, the most popular excursion offered in the Dominican Republic. The island is the quintessential tropical beach with swaying palm trees, bone white sand and lapping turquoise waters.
Google Maps : http://bit.ly/28JMyZX
Drone : DJI Phantom 4 | http://bit.ly/28Km9Rv
Backpack : Manfrotto MB BP-D1 | http://amzn.to/28KdYU6
Lens : PolarPro DJI Phantom 4 Filters-Cinema Series®-SHUTTER Collection | http://amzn.to/28KYFZZ
SD Card : SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 | http://amzn.to/28Kegua
Sunshade : Fits iPad Air 2 Monitor Sunshade | http://amzn.to/28Ou7pe
Cable : 1ft Lightning Cord | http://amzn.to/28LQpJs
Motor Guard : Shaluoman 3D printed Motor Guard Cap | http://amzn.to/28KpTQ0
Music: www.bensound.com | http://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music/track/acoustic-breeze